Home Museum Heritage Fleet Delaine Gallery Delaine History News & Events


The Display Office, with original photographic portraits of Thomas Arthur & Emma Jane Smith founders of the motorbus business presiding over a display of furniture, artefacts and memorabilia which have all been used in the Delaine Office at some point during the last 99 years which includes Desks and Chairs of Thomas Arthur Smith and Hugh Delaine-Smith

Over 70 A2 captioned photos of former fleet members now adorn the walls as part of  an ongoing project to include one of each vehicle to have been operated by the company where a photograph is available. The display workshop can be seen in the background.

Work began on fitting out the Museum in August 2017 and will continue throughout 2018
Good progress has been made but there is still plenty to do

MUSEUM FITTING OUT - UPDATE AUGUST 2018

Leyland Titans 1956 KTL 780 (45) & 1960 RCT 3 (50). The bespoke display cabinets in corporate colours with secure storage space below were built using the frames of the 1934 ERA (English Racing Automobiles) benches acquired when Delaine purchased their adjacent factory in 1939.

1987 Leyland Tiger E100 AFW (100), 1995 Volvo Olympian M1 OCT (116) and 1973 Leyland Atlantean ACT 540L (72)

2018 MUSEUM OPENING DAYS

In 2018 the Museum will be open to the public on two occasions

for visitors to view progress before the formal opening in Spring 2019

to coincide with the hundredth anniversary of the introduction of  first motorbus into the family business.

SUNDAY 17th JUNE 1030-1630

A free shuttle service will operate between the Museum and Market Place to connect with Bourne Classic Car Show

SATURDAY 29th SEPTEMBER 0900-1700

Delaine Heritage Bus Running Day


PRE-BOOKED GROUP VISITS
available at other times

Leyland Titans 1956 KTL 780 (45) & 1960 RCT 3 (50) and 1973 Leyland Atlantean ACT 540L (72)

The display office and workshop on the right are situated below the Delaine Archive which contains documents relating to the Smith Family’s business activities dating back to 1893.